Topline Systems Ltd is committed to ensuring the privacy of users and visitors to this website, www.topline.co.uk (“Our Site”), as well as that of our clients and other parties with whom we may deal, and the protection of data provided to us through or in connection with Our Site and more generally. We wish to reassure You about how Your Personal Data is used and shared online. We will only collect and use Personal Data in accordance with this policy, and consistently with Our obligations and Your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on Your computer or device by or through Our Site when You visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when You use certain features of Our Site;
“Personal Data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that You provide to Us via Our Site or in the course of dealing with Us. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“We/Us/Our” means Topline Systems Ltd (company number 02653710) whose registered office is situated at 1148 Stratford Road, Hall Green, Birmingham, England, B28 8AF;
“You/Your” means any user or visitor to Our Site and any client or other party who provides us with data in the course of dealing with that party.
2. Our Site and other information
- 2.1 Our Site is owned and operated by Topline Systems Ltd.
3. Your rights
- 3.1 As a data subject, You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- 3.1.1 Right to be informed about Our collection and use of Personal Data;
- 3.1.2 Right of access to the Personal Data We hold about You;
- 3.1.3 Right to rectification if any Personal Data We hold about You is inaccurate or incomplete;
- 3.1.4 Right to “be forgotten” – meaning the right to ask Us to delete any Personal Data We hold about You;
- 3.1.5 Right to restrict, or prevent, the processing of Your Personal Data;
- 3.1.6 Right to data portability (obtaining a copy of Your Personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- 3.1.7 Right to object to Us using Your Personal Data for particular purposes; and
- 3.1.8 Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- 3.2 In addition to Your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 3.1, when You submit Personal Data to Us, You may be given further options to restrict Our use of Your data in certain circumstances. In particular, You may opt-out of receiving emails from Us which You may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- 3.3 You have the right to ask for a copy of any of Your Personal Data held by Us. We will respond to Your request without raising a charge. Please contact Us using the details provided in section 8.
- 3.4 If You have any cause for complaint about Our use of Your Personal Data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 8 and We will do Our best to resolve Your concerns. If We are unable to help, You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, which can provide further information about Your rights.
- 4.1 Depending upon Your use of Our Site or the way in which we deal with You, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- 4.1.1 Name;
- 4.1.2 Business/company name;
- 4.1.3 Job title;
- 4.1.4 Contact information such as postal and email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 4.1.5 Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 4.1.6 Records of service jobs, equipment, invoices and related transactions;
- 4.1.7 Records of items sold;
- 4.1.8 Records of telephone conversations and call records;
- 4.1.9 Information relating to Your activity on Our Site;
- 4.1.10 Content of messages including emails;
- 4.1.11 CCTV recordings;
- 4.1.12 Internet domain name registration and related technical records;
- 5.1 All Personal Data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard Your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- 5.2 Our use of Your Personal Data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with You, because You have consented to Our use of Your Personal Data, or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use and You consent to Us using Your data for the following purposes:
- 5.2.1 Providing and managing Your access to Our Site;
- 5.2.2 Personalising and tailoring Your experience on Our Site;
- 5.2.3 Providing You with cost guidance about Our goods and/or services;
- 5.2.4 Providing You with other information about Our goods and/or services;
- 5.2.5 Supplying Our goods and/or services to You, which may include;-
- IT support;
- IT repairs and upgrades;
- Installation, upgrade and maintenance of IT infrastructure;
- Telephone system service and support;
- Communication service supply;, using third party or Our own equipment;
- Website hosting;
- Email hosting;
- Domain management;
- Database design and maintenance;
- Website design and development;
- Software development;
- Other IT services.
- 5.2.6 Communicating online, through social media, by post, email or telephone or by any other means, with You;
- 5.2.7 Providing You with newsletters and other material, which may include marketing material, relevant to our goods and/or services, by post, email or other means (provided that You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time, and where practicable, we will include a link to facilitate that);
- 5.2.8 Analysing Your use of Our Site to enable Us to improve Our Site and Your user experience.
- 5.3 With Your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use Your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting You by email, telephone, social media and/or post with information about Our business and Our goods and/or services. We will not send You any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect Your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- 5.4 Third parties whose content may appear on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the data which may be collected and used by any such third parties and We advise You to check the privacy policies which may apply to them.
- 5.5 You have the right to withdraw Your consent to Us using Your Personal Data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- 5.6 We do not keep Your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- 5.6.1 Names and contact details will be retained indefinitely for marketing and monitoring purposes (unless You ask us to delete them);
- 5.6.2 Financial information will usually be retained for 8 years from the date of the transaction;
- 5.6.3 Data collected or accessed in the course of providing goods and/or services to You under a contract, will typically be retained for 12 months after the end of that contract;
- 5.6.4 Other data will typically be held for 24 months but We may assess the appropriate period of retention, according to its nature and the reason(s) for its collection.
The retention periods in this section are a guide and We reserve the right to assess the appropriate period for retention on an individual basis, provided that We will always comply with our legal obligations.
- 6.1 We only keep Your Personal Data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have Your permission to keep it.
- 6.2 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect Your data We have taken suitable technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site and otherwise. For example, Where Your data is held by us – but not where we simply supply, manage or maintain Your systems or have access to data stored on Your systems, for example – We store Your Personal Data on secure servers. Whilst We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard Your Personal Data, You acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason We cannot guarantee the security or integrity of Personal Data that is transferred from You or to You via the internet.
- 6.3 To the extent necessary for Us to provide any goods and/or services to You, or in connection with any contract or order we may enter into with You, We may share Your Personal Data with certain carefully chosen third parties with whom we engage from time to time for such purposes alone. For example, these may include access to and provision of third party software, data storage and backup facilities, payment processing and marketing. In some cases, such third parties may require access to some or all of Your data.
- 6.4 Where We share Your Personal Data with such third parties, We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with Your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 6.5 Subject to the remainder of section 6, We will not share any of Your data with any other third parties for any purposes.
- 6.6 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include Your Personal Data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental or regulatory authority.
- 6.7 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify You. We may from time to time share such data with third parties.
4. Types of data we collect
5. Using Your data
6. Data storage and sharing
8. Contacting Us